This is my favorite of the “awards” because I feel I actually earned it. I did not have to “nominate” and pass on the award, nor be nominated. I had to actually participate and it was an interesting journey. Tilda — over at Swift Expression runs a mighty ship. Not only does she write/post often, she creates interesting multi-part Blog Challenges. The one I participated in had 5 parts to it! Thankfully some were not necessarily long pieces to write, but they did require a lot of thought which I appreciated. You can see what my submissions were for the challenge here and you can visit Swift Expression’s blog and see all of the entries (as well as what’s going on with her newest Blog Challenge).
In winning Tilda’s Blog Challenge a donation of $78 US was given to the charity of my choice, which was the Brain and Behavior Research Foundationfor Bi-polar research (receipt here) as well as 10 images of my choice from ShutterStock, and a $10 US gift certificate (which I had her include in the charitable donation). Thank you Tilda! I so enjoyed participating and I feel honored to have won.
*I never did get a Liebster. I’m now over 200 “followers” and will no longer qualify lol, but I have been nominated for a couple of other awards and am happy to accept.
Thank you Tony ; WordPresses own Prinze Charming. I appreciate and accept your nomination. You have been an inspiring comrade and I am glad to have met. I have no idea how I stood out in your “crowd” over there.
Thank you My Impregnable Soul for also nominating me. I appreciate your nomination my newest Blogging friend…and I accept.
Thank you Slepsnor of Legends of Windemere for nominating me. I appreciate and accept the nomination. Thank you also for reading my Blog!!
Does this mean I get to display it twice? LOL
Here are the “rules” of accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
Share 7 interesting things about yourself.
Nominate 7 bloggers you admire.
Leave a comment somewhere on the seven blogs to make them aware of their nomination.
7 Things you may not want to know about me
1. I can walk on my toes. Not “on pointe” like a Ballerina, but with my toes bent. I have done this (I have no idea why) since I was a small child. I used to be able to run like that, now, eh not so much and besides why would I want to. I mean really!
2. I have sleep issues. I cannot stay asleep for more than a couple hours at a time. Most of the time I can get back to sleep, but I never get any stretch of solid sleep. It drives me a little crazy.
3. I have five (5) younger brothers.
4. I am the oldest of six (6) kids.
5. Not only am I the only girl in my family, I am also the only girl in my generation on both sides of the family.
6. There is a so-called curse on the girls in my family (on my dad’s side) that generally hits in their 19th year.
7. I have a BIG secret.
7 MORE things about me…
1. I have always wanted to become a Private Investigator.
2. My favorite TV show and hero as a child was “Quincy”.
3. I talk in my sleep.
4. I had two miscarriages, 5 total pregnancies, and have three living children.
5. My daughters named my son.
6. I love folk music.
7. I am currently falling in love with someone.
AND 7 MORE things about me…
1. I have over over 15,000 social media connections.
2. I hate broccoli.
3. I love chicken & dumplings, but ONLY the ones I make.
4. I have had precognitive dreams.
5. Of my 5 brothers; 1 is full blood, 1 is step, and 3 are half (by 2 diff moms).
6. I love to record myself singing.
7. I have never been outside of the United States.
Here are the 7 Bloggers I nominate that have truly inspired me, whether by their Blogs themselves or by way of their comments on my and other Blogs I follow. I think that qualifies all of you as “Inspiring” Bloggers.
2. The Art of Stumbling for making me stop to care and admire her art, both that on her Blog and that in their heart.
3. Corner of Confessions for keeping me motivated and for validating the words I write. What could possibly be more inspiring? Also, for being so strong and committed in your life and sharing it with all of us.
5. No Need to Weight for being the most inspiring person I know who happens to also have a blog too. She is my daughter and she needs to post more because her story is beyond inspiring. She has lost 115 pounds!
6. Prose and Thorn for staying real and letting me see there are others “like me” out there.
Here are the Rules of accepting The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 7 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award; and link to them.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. Share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.Seven
So here are (7) more hopefully some-what interesting things about myself:
1. I type fast and know where all of the keys are, but I still have to look!
2. I have been single for more than seven (7) years.
3. I have a miniature wiener dog.
4. I hate and cannot have my feet covered when I am sleeping.
5. When I was in Jr. High School I wanted braces so bad. I needed them, but that isn’t why I wanted them. I had it in my head that girls with braces were automatically pretty.
6. For the same reasons above I learned how to raise one eyebrow in Jr. High.
7. I once had a boyfriend (in Jr. High as well) who kissed like a hoover vacuum cleaner!
7 MORE things about me…
1. I get irritated easily.
2. I have bi-polar.
3. I take NO medications except the occasional Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
4. When I “love”, I love deeply.
5. I am extremely loyal.
6. Black is my favorite color for clothing.
7. When I was a kid I wanted to be a flight attendant.
Here are my seven (7) picks for the nomination to pass this award on:
1. My Right to Bitch for simply amazing me at his “machine” of constant ideas. He is my favorite F***Head and his pieces are most often humorous. We all need to laugh more.