Are you listening?
People are smart. Unfortunately sometimes when we invent something we don’t think ahead. Or, sometimes people do think ahead, but they only care about their own profits and not how their invention(s) may affect the rest of us. Sometimes things that have been invented should be UNinvented.
Fat chance for that if it’s making someone money or giving someone power, but a girl can dream right?
Let’s UNinvent a Few Things
There are a lot of things I would UNinvent if I could. Of course I need to keep my perspective, because an invention is not the same as something that just is. In other words, if I could UNinvent things like war and hate I surely would however, those things are not inventions. So to keep it real, here we go…
1. Processed foods: If it comes in a bag, box, or can it is probably bad for you. It may be cheaper. It may “stick to the ribs” and fill you up, but they are rife with harmful chemicals. Just because the packaging says “low fat, low carb, vitamin fortified, no trans fat, contains omega-3s, heart healthy, etc.” does not meant that it is. Remember, just like pharmaceuticals, it is the FDA that controls labeling and what those packages say and we know the FDA no longer has our best interest at stake. Here’s a great article about why YOU should cut out processed foods from your diet.
2. Genetically Modified Foods (GMO): An estimated 75% of all foods purchased in America contain at least some genetically modified ingredients. In fact, even stores like Whole Foods have had to admit they also carry foods that are genetically modified. There is clearly nowhere near enough research on GMOs. What we do know is that cancer and other disease rates have increased exponentially since the introduction of GMO foods into our diet. We also know that most other countries have banned Monsanto GMO products. Here’s a great article that shows you how to recognize and avoid GMO foods.
3. Lobbyists: If you don’t really know or understand what a Lobbyist is, shame on you. It is Lobbyists that really make the laws of our land. Forget Congress. Lobbying is legal bribery and it happens every day. Have you ever wondered why bad things like Aspartame, GMO foods, Psychosis inducing medications are on the market? It’s the Lobbyists. Billions of dollars are spent every year bribing our politicians. Sadly we let them.
4. Bombs: Over 140,000 people died from the bomb America dropped on Hiroshima alone. Need I say more?
5. Money: Money makes the world go round, right? Or so they say. Some also say money is the root of all evil. That I can agree with. I believe it. Look at all of the bad and ugly things in the world and you will see that money — either lack of it, excess of it, or want of it is the cause.
What things would YOU Uninvent if you could?
Check Out What Some Other Bloggers Would UNinvent or Undo if They Could!