Is this mic on?
People are smart. Unfortunately sometimes when we invent something we don’t think ahead. Or, sometimes people do think ahead, but they only care about their own profits and not how their invention(s) may affect the rest of us. Sometimes things that have been invented should be UNinvented.
Fat chance for that if it’s making someone money or giving someone power, but a girl can dream right?
Let’s UNinvent a Few Things
There are a lot of things I would UNinvent if I could. Of course I need to keep my perspective, because an invention is not the same as something that just is. In other words, if I could UNinvent things like war and hate I surely would however, those things are not inventions. So to keep it real, here we go…
1. Processed foods: If it comes in a bag, box, or can it is probably bad for you. It may be cheaper. It may “stick to the ribs” and fill you up, but they are rife with harmful chemicals. Just because the packaging says “low fat, low carb, vitamin fortified, no trans fat, contains omega-3s, heart healthy, etc.” does not meant that it is. Remember, just like pharmaceuticals, it is the FDA that controls labeling and what those packages say and we know the FDA no longer has our best interest at stake. Here’s a great article about why YOU should cut out processed foods from your diet.
2. Genetically Modified Foods (GMO): An estimated 75% of all foods purchased in America contain at least some genetically modified ingredients. In fact, even stores like Whole Foods have had to admit they also carry foods that are genetically modified. There is clearly nowhere near enough research on GMOs. What we do know is that cancer and other disease rates have increased exponentially since the introduction of GMO foods into our diet. We also know that most other countries have banned Monsanto GMO products. Here’s a great article that shows you how to recognize and avoid GMO foods.
3. Lobbyists: If you don’t really know or understand what a Lobbyist is, shame on you. It is Lobbyists that really make the laws of our land. Forget Congress. Lobbying is legal bribery and it happens every day. Have you ever wondered why bad things like Aspartame, GMO foods, Psychosis inducing medications are on the market? It’s the Lobbyists. Billions of dollars are spent every year bribing our politicians. Sadly we let them.
4. Bombs: Over 140,000 people died from the bomb America dropped on Hiroshima alone. Need I say more?
5. Money: Money makes the world go round, right? Or so they say. Some also say money is the root of all evil. That I can agree with. I believe it. Look at all of the bad and ugly things in the world and you will see that money — either lack of it, excess of it, or want of it is the cause.
What things would YOU Uninvent if you could?
Check Out What Some Other Bloggers Would UNinvent or Undo if They Could!
I think some inventions that are abused are created with good intentions. The inventor dreams of the positive changes and doesn’t realize the negative uses until it’s too late. Many inventors get caught up in the ‘can I do it’, they don’t think of the ‘should I do it’. This is probably the only way to invent, but there are always the dark ones in the shadows.
I would uninvent guns because I think they make killing too easy and distant. I know this is a dangerous topic, so I’m going to stop here. I would also uninvent text speak because I’m tired of hearing people say LOL, ROTFL, and BRB in face-to-face conversations.
You know, I’ve read up on lobbyists, but I just can’t get my head around how what they do is legal? It’s the definition of bribery, so I can’t figure out how they get away with it.
I will do an article on Lobbying. I interviewed jack Abramoff last year and never did write about it…so…
Cool. I’ll keep my eye out for it.
Not sure when I will do it, but soon for sure.
No problem. I read all your posts anyway. 😀
I am not sure why, but I love and appreciate that you do!!! THANK YOU!!!
I’d uninvent cancer, HIV/Aids, STD’s, Lupus, all weapons such as handguns/assault weapons, the U.S. Constitution…..I’ll stop now. 😎
make a post!! 🙂
Sing a song…. 😆
I won’t do a post, I’ll just reblog yours…..I’m lazy.
I did sing a song…and the YouTube of it is on my blog 😉
where? show me
bossy bossy :p
Money does not make world go around! I remember I bought software back in 1999, when I paid for it. I got this message:
“Thank you for buying. Money is what make world go around.”
Ha ha ha! Yeah right! LOL 😀
hahaha, they don’t think we’re onto them but WE know :p
While money can be problematic (Understatment) it is also what permitted the rise of civilisation (overstatement)
Or rather, during the commercial revolution, it is the appearance of money which led people to center in towns, and forms guilds (Olden day unions, sorta) be able to afford more stuff. If it weren’t for money, we might still be in the midieval ages.
Or we might have gotten a perfectly reasonable barter system (Something I do think should get to be more common) which worked just as well/better.
In any case, I think just saying money is bad is too short.
It needs many more words.
And chocolate. I think I’m gonna get some chocolate.
I think I still have a few bars from France left… But all for me. ME! 🙂 Love your blog. I was reading you https://cherispeak.wordpress.com/2013/01/01/the-state-of-your-wordpress-stats/ when you replied 🙂
Back I go!
Thank you, but uh the cost of reading here is french chocolate bars…fork it over! :p
Sorry… that’s too precious… I’ll pay in “views” and “Followers” and maybe “shares” too , though 😀
that’s acceptable…carry on. LOL and thank you!
yes, chocolate is good! and it’s the LOVE of money that is root of all evil, not money itself. That said, we people seem to find it hard to distinguish between the love of money and money itself, so a bartering system just might be a better thing!
A bartering system is perfect. That’s more or less what I was trying to get at LOL. That’s how we started.
Pingback: Chocolates, Anyone | The Jittery Goat
Pingback: There’s No Place To Hide, Get Lost, Scratch, Or Pick Anymore | The Jittery Goat
Animal control group kill chambers – I don’t think it should be easy to kill creatures. Individual euthanasia okay because sometimes death is a mercy, but I don’t like hard choices being made easier. Great choices you made!
Oh – The Snuggie! I hate those things and find them mostly useless. 🙂
I agree with the animals and the snuggie!!!
brilliant answers I must say. I agree with everything, but not too sure about money 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you…yeh we NEED money, but it doesn’t have to be that way…unfortunately we made it that way. 😉
I’ll agree with slepsnor and say guns and stop there because I’ve already been hammered on another blog for mentioning it 😯
I’d also uninvent cigarettes (so I never started in the first place), bathsalts (so people stopped sniffing or smoking them and turning into flesh-eating zombies), atomic bombs (to put North Korea back in its box), and reality TV shows (so the world can go back to normal where everyone isn’t a ‘star’). 😀
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Undo | Joe's Musings
Pingback: Daily Prompt – Undo – Rock & Roll It All the Way Back (An Online Mini-Musical) | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish)
Pingback: Daily Prompt – Undo OR The Right To Live | Beyond Beauty Tips
Pingback: The Right To Live - Undoing the invention of Nuclear Bombs | Things To Rave About
Pingback: Top 10 Stories on Cheri Speak in 2013 | Cheri Speak
Pingback: Daily Prompt - Undo OR The Right To Live
LikeLiked by 1 person