Are you listening?
If you are like me, you find most cannabis edibles are not so edible, meaning they can often taste like crap. How can you enjoy the results of edibles if you can’t even choke them down?
Make better edibles of course!
After countless trials and errors I have created a great recipe that is actually very tasty if you like chocolate!
1 cup WEED butter, aka “cannabutter”
1/2 cup nuts – your preference (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup DARK Chocolate Chips
1 cup (11.5 oz. pkg.) MILK Chocolate Chips
1-1/2 cups GRANULATED sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup Hershey’s or other dry powdered cocoa
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Stir together flour, dry cocoa, baking soda and salt.
3. Beat butter, GRANULATED sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy.
4. Gradually add flour mixture (FROM STEP 1), beating well.
5. Stir in BOTH CUPS of chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
6. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
*REDUCE OVEN TEMP TO 300 before baking
7. Bake approximately 10 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes up to 60 cookies depending on size
The THC levels in all batches of cannabutter (and oils) can vary greatly. Please be cautious of your consumption.
If you have never had edibles and experienced the “high”, be advised it is different than that you get from smoking a joint. Don’t make the mistake of this cop who thought he and his wife were dying after eating pot brownies. It is a full “body high” and you will feel different things than you are accustomed to, it’s normal.
* RELATED RECIPE: Perfect Crock-Pot Cannabutter